Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Susan G. Komen For the Cure

Did you know that over 182,460 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in 2008? An estimated 40,480 women will die from breast cancer. 

My involvement with Susan G. Komen For the Cure stems back 10 years. My grandmother, aunt, and mother are all breast cancer survivors. Every year, the entire family walks in the Race for the Cure to support increased fiscal resources for breast cancer research and increased awareness. I am also on the education committee and volunteer regularly to disseminate information regarding breast cancer screening, treatment, and resources.

I've included a link to the donations page. Together, we can beat this disease. My goal is to work steadfastly to increase awareness and funding so that by the time my children become concerned about their own breast health, we not only have a cure for breast cancer, but also a way to prevent it.

No comments: