Monday, June 16, 2008

Boys & Girls Club kickoff


I attended the Boys & Girls Club of South Central KS summer kickoff on June 9th. What an amazing organization! There were approximately 250 children in attendance. The Club focuses on youth development and work force training (thanks to the $2.5 million  grant funded through the Knight Foundation!). 

I've had the privilege of working with this organization over the past year and truly believe the activities and mentoring children experience here positively impacts their lives. I am proud to be part of such a worthwhile organization! 

1 comment:

My Stehlar journey said...

Well Hello Beautiful! You are always smiling! I hope this will make you laugh. I was tagged by Mrs. ND International and now I have tagged you on one of my blogs. Hope you enjoy the new form of TAG-YOUR IT!
Hugs ~Jen